Current Job Openings at AHCH: April 5, 2017
Reporting to the Chief Health Officer, the Medical Director will be a key member of the leadership team and have oversight for medical and psychiatric providers while ensuring the continued delivery of quality, integrated primary health care to the homeless population of Albuquerque and surrounding areas.
Medical Director Requirements include:
• MD or DO with specialty in Primary Care, Urgent Care or a related field. Licensed or eligible to practice in New Mexico.
• Five years of progressive leadership experience.
• Comfortable managing multi-disciplinary teams that include physicians, nurse practitioners and other providers.
• Passion for serving the underserved and a record of effectiveness in meeting their needs in a FQHC, HCH, safety net hospital, Indian Health Services or comparable setting.
• Bilingual English/Spanish and experience in Patient Centered Medical home environment preferred
Scope of the Medical Director:
• Provide medical leadership and interdisciplinary approaches to patient care. Assure an environment for health collaborative practice.
• Supervise staff and volunteer physicians and nurse practitioners in clinical practice, as well, as recruit, train and orientate new staff and volunteers.
• Guide, teach, support and serve as clinical resource to medical staff and other staff on medical issues. Collaborate with other staff in treatment planning. Provide in-service trainings.
• Implement and monitor peer review process for medical providers.
• In collaboration with IT, develop electronic health record templates and patient portal.
• Represent AHCH in public presentations.
• Ensure QI/QA and compliance of clinic operations; serve as member of QI oversight group.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of medical/clinical policies and procedures, including integration with other programs.
• Participate as part of the management team, attend regular management meetings and board meetings periodically.
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to AHCHMD2187@ZurickDavis.com. For additional information, contact Lida Junghans (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Annette Cooke at (781) 938-1975.
To apply for these positions, e-mail your resume to email@example.com
To perform nursing care and triage in our integrated urgent/primary care and behavioral health clinic and on outreaches. REQ: graduate of nursing program and valid NM RN licensure. Knowledge of diagnostic and treatment room procedures, working knowledge of EMR system, ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients, bilingual English/Spanish and experience in Patient Centered Medical home environment preferred.
HEALTH ACCESS MANAGER
To administer operations of a busy primary care/behavioral health and dental clinic. Responsibilities include developing and managing clinic systems, supervising front desks, managing and analyzing data, monitoring budgets, and writing reports to funders. REQ: BA or equivalent work experience with 3 years supervising experience. Must have experience with EHR, data analysis, budget and reporting. Must have excellent communications skills both written and oral. Experience working with people experiencing homelessness or underserved populations and bilingual preferred.