Join the Fight to End Homelessness
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Volunteer Harm Reduction Outreach Advocate
- Volunteer Resource Center Navigator
- Healthy Foods Market Volunteer
- ArtStreet Open Studio Volunteer
- ArtStreet Art Show and Special Events Volunteer
- Volunteer Dentist
- Volunteer Dental Assistant
All AHCH volunteers must be 18 years or older and able to commit to a regular schedule for at least 6 months. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You will be contacted following the submission of you volunteer application to discuss how your skills and interests may fit an open volunteer position. If selected, you will be invited to a volunteer orientation and training. AHCH volunteer orientations take place in October, January, April, and July.
Expectations of Volunteers:
- Give respect and be respected
- Active and supportive listening of clients’ needs
- Understanding of diverse mental and personal states
- Communicate late or expected missed shifts with program coordinators
- Accepting of the fact that you may not always be able to solve every problem
- Willingness to ask for help
If you have inquiries about internships or practicums please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Give Back
Make a Donation
You can be Extraordinary by giving TODAY. Your giving fights to end homelessness. Your gift of cash addresses new needs and shifting demands. Make a difference now! You can arrange a one time or recurring donation easily and securely by Donating Here Now.
Top items that are always on our wish list include: new socks, toiletries, lip balm, new underwear (adult sized), and art supplies. A full list of critically needed items is updated seasonally and can be found here.
Grassroots Giving Events
Get your circle of friends and colleagues involved in a wide variety of strategies to make donations to AHCH. Host a party and pass the hat or put on an event and donate the proceeds to AHCH. Call the Development Office at 505-338-8030 or email email@example.com with questions or for more information.