To provide caring and comprehensive health and integrated supportive services, linking people experiencing homelessness to individual and collective solutions, and to be a leader in implementing innovative
ABQ Heading Home-"Once your basic needs are met, you can focus on recovery and life." At Health Care for the Homeless we are helping eliminate the barriers that keep people in homelessness. Watch this moving and informative ABQ Heading Home video.
8 Of The Most Beautiful Unseen Views Of Downtown ABQ-Take a look around our city and you'll find many captivating viewpoints in our city that sometimes go unnoticed. Here are a few places that are in plain sight but are seldom seen with a fresh perspective. This can also be said about our people. Look beyond the surface and see the individuals, the personalities, and the spirit of Alburquerque Continue Reading
Positive Things ABQ Has Been Doing For 30 Years-The desert need not be a harsh, cruel place. The people of Albuquerque have kind, caring hearts. Many times, through their jobs, donations, or volunteer work, they show love for their fellow humans in inspiring ways. These ten organizations have followed through on their commitment to others for thirty years or longer. This post is to recognize their service. via Continue Reading
AHCH Overview Video
This great video was featured on abqinvolved.org and helped AHCH earn a generous grant.
These generous supporters make our work possible.
Our program relies on funding from many different sources including some of our great community
and corporate partners.
Be a part of a passionate and important team.
The Chief Health Officer needs to fully embrace our goals of person centered and integrated health care provided with dignity to persons experiencing homelessness and be welcoming and be supportive of our diverse work place, including the diversity of circumstances and backgrounds of our clients.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chief Health Officer is a key member of the senior management team, which also includes a Director of Finance, Director of Health Systems Management, Director of Human Resources, Director of Behavioral Health & Social Services Programs, and Director of Development, Planning & Evaluation. The independently licensed clinical leadership of Medical Director, Dental Director, Pharmacist, Charge Nurse all report to the Chief Health Officer.
● Provide leadership and oversight of all AHCH primary care programs.
● Foster integration of services across all disciplines.
● Provide collaborative management and support to the medical, dental, and pharmacy teams, leading to innovations in service delivery that fosters success.
● Ensure compliance, QI/QA, patient safety, and relevant capabilities of data and reporting.
● Lead primary care program credentialing, privileging, peer review.
● Develop relevant policies and procedures that foster person centered health care and integration.
● Build external strategic alliances to support AHCH’s strategic priorities.
● Provide leadership for and facilitate annual program planning for primary care programs.
● Participate as a leader in primary care/behavioral health integration initiative and other efforts such as implementation of Patient-Centered Medical Home
● Foster a collaborative, supportive and collegial environment among clinical and non-clinical staff.
● Help articulate the perspective of primary care providers to the senior management team and balance these perspectives within overall organizational goals
Experience and Attributes
Ideal candidates for this position will be comfortable in a diverse atmosphere that follows values based decision making and encourages an expression of diverse views before decisions are made. Candidates will bring a variety of experiences and attributes including:
● A strong passion for the mission and philosophy of AHCH and belief that homelessness is unacceptable and should be eliminated.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills, including being a good listener, consensus builder, and the ability to interact with and bridge diverse audiences.
● Experience with health care regulation and administration, particularly in the areas of quality control, compliance, and licensing.
● An inspiring and inclusive leadership style with a successful track record of collaboratively managing, developing and coaching staff,
● Direct experience working with persons experiencing homelessness preferred.
● Experience working in a community health setting directing clinical operations strongly preferred.
● Ability to capitalize on opportunities and address barriers to services within expanded health campus and expanded outreach settings.
● Experience developing collaborative and positive relationships with different health system stakeholder groups.
● Experience with culturally and racially diverse staff and constituencies.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
● MSN Administration, Master of Public Health or Master in Health Administration, or commensurate advanced training, and 5 years of experience in a clinical setting providing supervision and program oversight. :
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, e-mail your resume, a cover letter that explains how your skills align with the requirements above, and salary requirements to: AHCH@raffa.com (e-mail applications are required). For other inquiries, contact Ginna Goodenow at email@example.com . Resume review beings immediately.