To provide caring and comprehensive health and integrated supportive services, linking people experiencing homelessness to individual and collective solutions, and to be a leader in implementing innovative
Gallery Opening! Recycled heart: the artists of artstreet-Friday, February 3, 6-8pm Harwood Art Center on view through February 23, 2017 Bringing the injustice of poverty and homelessness together, Recycled Heart is an exhibit, like all ArtStreet shows, that captures the diverse, distinct, and highly individual response of our artists to community-chosen themes. ArtStreet artists channel the potential within themselves and within discarded objects to create something new. Continue Reading
Reflections and gratitude as we close 2016-As we approach the end of 2016, We are reflecting on our gratitude. You have made so much possible this year. In these last few days of the 2016 tax season giving, we offer you a look back at your summer impact. Your belief in a world that is just and without homelessness and your giving makes this and so Continue Reading
AHCH Overview Video
This great video was featured on abqinvolved.org and helped AHCH earn a generous grant.
Your Donations At Work
Thirty years ago, Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless began operating out of an Airstream trailer, oh how things have changed. When you've been an integral part of fighting homelessness in our community for over 30 years, things are bound to develop and improve within a non-profit organization.
These generous supporters make our work possible.
Our program relies on funding from many different sources including some of our great community
and corporate partners.
Be a part of a passionate and important team.
We are currently seeking a Medical Director. Reporting to the Chief Health Officer, the Medical Director will be a key member of the leadership team and have oversight for medical and psychiatric providers while ensuring the continued delivery of quality, integrated primary health care to the homeless population of Albuquerque and surrounding areas.
Medical Director Requirements include:
• MD or DO with specialty in Primary Care, Urgent Care or a related field. Licensed or eligible to practice in New Mexico.
• Five years of progressive leadership experience.
• Comfortable managing multi-disciplinary teams that include physicians, nurse practitioners and other providers.
• Passion for serving the underserved and a record of effectiveness in meeting their needs in a FQHC, HCH, safety net hospital, Indian Health Services or comparable setting.
• Bilingual English/Spanish and experience in Patient Centered Medical home environment preferred Scope of the Medical Director:
• Provide medical leadership and interdisciplinary approaches to patient care. Assure an environment for health collaborative practice.
• Supervise staff and volunteer physicians and nurse practitioners in clinical practice, as well, as recruit, train and orientate new staff and volunteers.
• Guide, teach, support and serve as clinical resource to medical staff and other staff on medical issues. Collaborate with other staff in treatment planning. Provide in-service trainings.
• Implement and monitor peer review process for medical providers.
• In collaboration with IT, develop electronic health record templates and patient portal.
• Represent AHCH in public presentations.
• Ensure QI/QA and compliance of clinic operations; serve as member of QI oversight group.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of medical/clinical policies and procedures, including integration with other programs.
• Participate as part of the management team, attend regular management meetings and board meetings periodically.
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to AHCHMD2187@ZurickDavis.com. For additional information, contact Lida Junghans (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Annette Cooke at (781) 938-1975.